Attention 2023 Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Yukon owners! Your safety might be at risk, and we’ve got the details on a concerning issue with your vehicles’ suspension bolts. Read on to find out how to ensure your safety on the road.
Recent reports from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reveal a serious concern – improperly heat-treated suspension bolts in select 2023 GM vehicles. This flaw can lead to a broken suspension bolt, resulting in the misalignment of the rear wheel and, worse, an increased risk of a crash.
What You Need to Know
- 2023 Cadillac Escalade
- 2023 Cadillac Escalade ESV
- 2023 Chevrolet Suburban
- 2023 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2023 GMC Yukon
- 2023 GMC Yukon XL
Safety Risk: The compromised bolts may weaken over time, leading to fractures and misalignment of the rear wheel, significantly raising the risk of a crash.
What GM is Doing
General Motors, LLC, is taking action by recalling the affected vehicles. The remedy involves replacing both rear suspension outer control arm bolts, and the good news is that it comes at no cost to you. The recall process is expected to begin on November 6, 2023.
Your Next Steps
- Check Your Vehicle: Don’t wait for a letter. Ensure your safety by checking if your vehicle is part of the recall. Visit GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/recalls or NHTSA’s website at https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/.
- Contact Information:
- Chevrolet customer service: 1-800-222-1020
- Cadillac customer service: 1-800-458-8006
- GMC customer service: 1-800-462-8782
- No Cost to You: Remember, you won’t have to pay a dime for the inspection and repair. Your safety is the priority.
Why You Should Act Now
- Avoid Potential Accidents: A misaligned rear wheel is a safety hazard. Don’t risk it.
- Free Inspection/Repair: GM is covering all expenses related to this issue. You won’t have to pay a cent for the inspection and repair.
Your safety is non-negotiable
Even if your vehicle isn’t on the recall list, if you’re experiencing issues or facing roadblocks with your dealer or manufacturer, the Law Office of Howard A. Gutman is here for you. Remember, car manufacturers and dealers are obligated to cover all legal expenses in such cases.
Call us at (973) 598-1980 for a free consultation and let us ensure you’re back on the road safely. Your peace of mind is worth the call.
- Improperly Heat-Treated Suspension Bolts | NHTSA
- FAQs for Safety Recall N232415910 | NHTSA
- Safety Recall N232415910 Rear Suspension Bolt Fracture | NHTSA
You may also like:
- Unlock Compensation: Navigating Cadillac SRX Air Suspension Woes
- Cadillac Escalade Suspension Problems, Lemon law and Magnuson-Moss Remedies