If you’ve ever received an unsolicited call from a telemarketer trying to sell you a car warranty, you’re not alone. Many people in New York and New Jersey have experienced this frustrating intrusion. Fortunately, there are laws in place to protect your privacy and hold telemarketers accountable for their actions. In this article, we’ll explain the penalties for violating the Do Not Call List and how you can seek compensation if your rights have been infringed upon. Remember, you don’t have to face this alone. Our experienced law firm is here to guide you through the process and fight for your rights.
Understanding the Do Not Call List
The Do Not Call List is a powerful tool designed to shield consumers from unwanted telemarketing calls. By adding your number to this list, you express your desire not to receive such calls. Telemarketers are legally obligated to respect your wishes and refrain from contacting you.
Examples of Car Warranty Do Not Call List Violations
Some telemarketers, unfortunately, choose to disregard the rules and continue making unsolicited calls. Here are a few examples of common violations related to car warranty telemarketing:
- Ignoring the Do Not Call List: Telemarketers call individuals who have registered their numbers on the Do Not Call List.
- Misrepresenting the Warranty: Telemarketers provide false or misleading information about the terms and coverage of the car warranty they’re promoting.
- Robocalls: Telemarketers use automated dialing systems to deliver pre-recorded messages without the recipient’s consent.
Penalties for Violating the Do Not Call List
Telemarketers who violate the Do Not Call List regulations can face severe penalties, both federally and within New York and New Jersey:
- Federal Penalties: The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) can impose fines up to $43,280 per violation.
- New York Penalties: In New York, telemarketers can face penalties of up to $11,000 per violation.
- New Jersey Penalties: In New Jersey, telemarketers can face penalties of up to $10,000 for the first offense and up to $20,000 for subsequent offenses.
If you’ve been subjected to car warranty telemarketing calls in violation of the Do Not Call List, you may be entitled to compensation. The amount of compensation you can receive depends on various factors, including the number of violations and the laws governing your state:
- Federal Compensation: Under federal law, you may be eligible to receive up to $500 per violation. If the violations are willful, the compensation can be tripled to $1,500.
- New York Compensation: In New York, consumers can seek damages of $500 for each unsolicited call or $1,500 if the telemarketer willfully violated the law.
- New Jersey Compensation: In New Jersey, consumers can seek damages of $500 for each violation, or $1,500 if the violation was willful or knowing.
Contact Our Experienced Law Firm for Assistance
If you believe your rights have been violated by car warranty telemarketers, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Our dedicated law firm specializes in handling Do Not Call List claims in New York and New Jersey. We have a proven track record of success and are committed to fighting for the compensation you deserve.
Call us today at (973) 598-1980 for a Free Consultation, and our experienced attorneys will review your case, explain your rights, and guide you through the legal process. Remember, you don’t have to face this alone. We are here to support you every step of the way.
Get further information on the Do Not Call List: Do Not Call List Q & A Debt Collection Harassment How To Stop Extended Car Warranty Phone Calls Car Warranty Calls Won't Stop? Here's How To Stop Fake Warranty Calls
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. For personalized legal guidance regarding your specific situation, please consult with a qualified attorney.