Owners of the Ford PowerShift Transmission have experienced numerous problems.
The Ford PowerShift transmission defect can be found in
2011-2016 Ford Fiesta and Ford Focus vehicles.
What is the PowerShift Transmission?
According to Ford, “The PowerShift 6-Speed Automatic Transmission is the result of two parallel manual transmissions working in tandem, combining through a dual-clutch mechanism to create the same effects as an automatic transmission. The result is a design that manages shifts between two gear sets, providing the feel and efficiency of a manual transmission, engine torque delivered at all times, and the ease of use as a manual transmission.”
The goal is to give drivers the performance and fuel efficiency of a manual transmission with the ease of use of an automatic transmission.
What are the problems?
- Cars slam into gear or change gears harshly and suddenly
- The transmission feels like it’s slipping
- Delay in acceleration and/or downshifting and gear engagement
- Hesitation, jerking, shuddering
What is Ford doing?
Owners complain that Ford dealers merely update or reflash the Transmission Control Panel (TCM) with no effect on transmission performance. They are also told that the vehicle is functioning as designed and that there are no problems.
What can Ford owners do?
Owners of these defective vehicles may be entitled to compensation for loss of use, diminished value, or other claims. We offer a free consultation on your case.
A class action lawsuit has been filed entitled Vargas, et al. v. Ford Motor Company and Cusick, et al. v. Ford Motor Company, alleging breach of implied and express warranty. That lawsuit is currently pending in the United States District Court for the Central District of California, Case No. CV12-08388 ABC (FFMx) and 15-cv-08831-AB-FFMx. The lawsuits alleges Ford:
- failed to disclose the fact that the PowerShift transmission contains one or more design and/or manufacturing defects that cause problems and unsafe conditions, including, but not limited to, suddenly lurching forward, delayed acceleration, and sudden loss of forward propulsion.
The lawsuit settlement terms are still pending. Don’t wait — To seek an immediate evaluation of your claim call (973) 598-1980, or email [email protected]