Home Warranty Problems and Claims
People purchase home warranties for peace of mind, but some have significant problems. Here are some typical ones,
- Inconsistent with Promises There were promises over the phone about coverage but the homeowner finds disclaimers, exclusions, and claim caps, which limit the amount of money the warranty company will pay for repairs or replacements.
- Customer service They may have poor customer service, long waiting times, and unreliable contractors.
- Choice They do not allow the customer to choose their own contractor, and may not guarantee the quality of the work done by their contractors.
- Disclaimers They do not cover cosmetic issues, mismatched systems, secondary damage, or every component of an appliance or system.
- Baseless Denials They may deny claims for lack of maintenance, poor installation, or exceeding the coverage cap.